Do you love spending time with your pets outdoors? If you do, then camping with pets is one thing you definitely will treasure. Your pets, friends, and family are some of the reason why you are enjoying every camping trip you have experienced. As a dog owner, you definitely will want to have your dog around you while camping. This makes your preparation a little bit different from that of others. You probably may start to wonder, what is the best tent for camping with dog? This question will be carefully addressed in this review.
Criteria for Selecting Best Pet-Friendly Tents
Here are some essential criteria that will help you get the right pet-friendly tent for your next camping event;
- Construction material: when searching for pet-friendly tents, you must look for ones that are made with rugged materials. Your pet claws are so strong that they can easily destroy flimsy tents. Hence, you must select those that are made from thick fabrics only. This will make your tent good enough to take you through the entire camping period.
- Vestibules: vestibules are the auxiliary rooms that are attached to your camping tent. They will be useful for managing and providing accommodation for your pet throughout the course of the camping trip. They provide your dog with a safe and comfortable spot for resting.
- Size: when you are going camping with family alone, you may select a medium-size camping tent, but when your pet is present, ensure you pick a large and big tent.
- Extra functions: one such is the door model, it is best to go for tents with two doors, this will make entering and exiting the tent easier. Some tents also have compartments that are designed to help you feel more relaxed without disturbance.
5 Best Tents for Dog Owners in 2019
1. Wenzel Kodiak 9 Person Tent
This is a large pet-friendly tent that has two large rooms. It is a perfect tent for camping with a dog. It comes with steel stakes, two gear lofts, two hanging pockets, storage duffel, and mud mats. The interior of this tent is spacious due to the straight sidewalls. Since the weather might be harsh when camping, you and your pets are protected with the help of a full-coverage fly and welded polyethylene floor. The tent also features a mesh Dutch D-style door and two bay windows. The roof of the tent is also screened to enhance visibility and cross breeze. It has a sleeping capacity of 9 persons, and a ceiling height of 7.17 ft.
2. TOMOUNT 8-Person Tent
This is another huge and large tent big enough to accommodate eight people and your pet. It can conveniently accommodate 3 Queen air mattresses. This sleeping tent is very easy to set up in less than 10 minutes. The tent also features sturdy and smooth zippers, which makes coming in and going out of the tent easier. This tent is carefully and professionally made to be waterproof and windproof with redesigned frames that make it more stable. The tent features one door, five windows, and the top which are made from visible mesh. This help improves ventilation, and it also reduces the weight of the tent.
3. CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent
This camping tent is made from high-quality polyester, making it pet-friendly. As the name shows, it is very easy to mount as it can be mounted within two minutes. The poles are already fastened to the tent, so all that is need is to unpack, unfold, and put in position till all clicks. The tent is very comfortable as it has features like being water repellent, an advanced ventilation system, which makes it easier to adjust the airflow level, and also draw in cool air through the ground. This tent has two-entryway, it has three rooms option of which your family can take the two large ones and keep your pet in one. It features the T-style and the D-style doors. This is my best tent for camping with dog.
4. TENAYA Lake Lighted Fast Pitch Cabin Tent
This is a 6-person cabin tent perfect for all camping activities. This camping tent comes with a closet with shelves; it also contains a hanger bar to help you stay organized. This tent is easy to set up within 8 minutes. It is big enough to accommodate 6 to 8 people, including your pet. It has room divider for privacy sake, and to keep your pet separately. The WeatherTec system and rainfly help keep the interior of this tent dry and comfortable at all times. The tent stands at 13*9 ft. And it can easily accommodate two queen-sized airbeds.
5. COLEMAN Elite Montana 8-Person Tent
This is another high-quality pet-friendly tent made from polyester taffeta 75D flysheet. This camping tent is designed to fit eight people and your pet at any given time. It has a dimension of 16 ft by 7 ft and can accommodate three queen airbeds of 6 ft, 2 inches. Good enough, you can stand up and move even when you are inside this tent. This tent can be set up within 15 minutes or less. The tent has an LED light with three different brightness level setting, which includes high, low, and nightlight. So, you won’t be in the dark all night. For easy entry and exit, this tent features hinged doors.
Finding pet-friendly tent before embarking on a camping trip with your pet is important. The reviewed tents above are all large enough to accommodate you, your family, and your pet without inconveniencing each other. The CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent is one of the best you can buy as it has more than two rooms where you can stay. Other tents are also perfect and give you the privacy you desire. Good enough, they are made from high-quality materials. The TENAYA Lake Lighted Fast Pitch Cabin Tent is the cheapest of all the reviewed tents, and it can accommodate six persons, including your pet. You can be sure of a safe and wonderful experience with the best tent for camping with dog discussed above.