Planning for a camping event this year? You need to get a cooler that will help keep your refreshments cool and chilled. Getting the best camping cooler for the money is such a hard task for many, and this move many to get just any cooler they find in the market. Only those that understand the importance of having chilled beverages while camping take their time in getting the best. In this review, we will be delivering eight best small coolers for camping; the products are carefully selected due to their cooling abilities, this will help you make the next camping event the best camping event.
- Criteria for Selecting The Best Camping Cooler
- 8 Best Camping Cooler for The Money – Our Picks
- 1. 6 Packs Cooler Bag
- 2. SEEHONOR Insulated Cooler
- 3. OlarHike 30L Large Cooler Bag
- 4. Artic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipper-less Hardbody Cooler
- 5. YETI Hopper Flip Portable Cooler
- 6. CleverMade Collapsible Cooler Bag
- 7. Coleman Excursion Portable Cooler
- 8. Carhartt Deluxe Dual Compartment Insulated Lunch Cooler Bag
Criteria for Selecting The Best Camping Cooler
Consider the following essential points before you hit the market to get a camping cooler;
- Straps: when choosing a camping cooler, it is wise to go for one with straps. Since you will need to move them about, the straps or handle will make carrying from one place to another easier. Without handle or straps, you will end up stressing yourself.
- Size and Weight: for your camping, you need a small cooler. The weight depends on the size, so if you keep a heavy unit, it will be hard for you to move it with the content while camping. But when it is ultralight and small, it will be easier to carry.
- Durability: the material used for the designing of this cooler plays a huge part in the unit serving you for a long time. Plastic hinges and pull off spots often break easily and reduce the lifespan of the unit. Choosing one with metal hinges is the best option. Moreover, they can easily be replaced when damaged, unlike plastic.
- Insulation: the amount of insulation in the cooler is an important factor to consider. This will decide how long it will keep your content cold or hot.
8 Best Camping Cooler for The Money – Our Picks
1. 6 Packs Cooler Bag
This portable sized cooler can contain 6 packs can and more comfortably. The interior of this cooler has liner’s sealed seams which help protect it from leaking. The insulation of the cooler, on the other hand, works in preserving the temperature of your contents while keeping them secure. This cooler has an overall dimension of 13.28*9.84*21.65 inches. The cooler has an overall weight of 5.4 ounces. The front mesh pocket of this unit is designed for keeping your bottle openers, and other camping equipment. It is the most affordable on our list of best small coolers for camping.
2. SEEHONOR Insulated Cooler
This small and lightweight cooler is built in the shape of a backpack. It has a large capacity, as it can easily accommodate 25 cans conveniently. The cooler with a dimension of 13.3*8.6*14.9 inches can securely pack your meals, drinks, and other necessities. It is also leakproof, and it efficiently preserves your content temperature, whether hot or cold, this is due to the insulated thicken foams, and the PEVA liner. It is made of durable and high-quality materials that are scratch proof. The unit contains one cooler storage, zipper, two side mesh, beer opener, and hook for attachment.
3. OlarHike 30L Large Cooler Bag
This is a collapsible small, but large capacity cooler that can hold up to 30 liters by volume, and it has a maximum load capacity of 50 pounds. You can conveniently keep more than 50 cans in this bag; this makes it perfect for all camping and outdoor activities. It has a longer cooling time of close to 12 hours. The 600D Oxford fabric of the cooler makes it perfect for dry storage. The interior, on the other hand, is lined with the eco-friendly PEVA foil which is also padded with 5mm EPE foam.
4. Artic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipper-less Hardbody Cooler
This is another perfect small cooler designed for all camping events. This unit is designed in such a way that it reflects heat instead of absorbing it; this helps keep your content temperature intact for a long period. The zipper-less lid makes it easier to access your food and drinks. It features an FDA approved HardBody liner which has removable SmartSelf. To protect against stains, odors, bacteria, and keep your food and drinks safe, the cooler carries an ultra-safe leak-proof lining and Microban. It is also water and stain-resistant due to its Rhino-Tech features. It is one of my favorites.
5. YETI Hopper Flip Portable Cooler
This unit is also referred to as Hopper Flip 12, and it carries ColdCell insulation and Closed-Cell foam which help preserve the temperature of your drink and beverages. It has a holding capacity of 12 cans plus ice. The Hopper Flip 12 cooler also has a 100% leakproof Hydrolock zipper couple with a wide mouth opening which makes filling the cooler and emptying it easier. It is also water-resistant, mildew resistant, puncture-proof, thanks to its DryHide shell. Hence, the unit will survive the camping trip. When empty, it has an overall weight of 3.1 lbs.
6. CleverMade Collapsible Cooler Bag
This product is made with 50% polyester, 35% polyethylene vinyl acetate, 10% Polypropylene, 3% MDF, and 2% ABS. This is another large capacity cooler than can contain more than 50 cans plus ice. It is perfect for all camping activities, hiking and for use at the beach. The interior of this unit is designed to keep your content cold for up to 36 hours. It has snap hinges on its two sides; this offers support for it when opened. The unit can easily be packed in your SUV or smaller cars due to its small size. When empty, it weighs 2 lbs and can hold up to 30 liters.
7. Coleman Excursion Portable Cooler
This is a 9-quart capacity cooler that is huge enough to contain all you need for your camping trip. Although small in size, it can be comfortably hold up to 9 cans of drinks, or a full meal. It comes with durable integrated hinges that can easily withstand repeated opening and closing. It also features a ball handle which makes it become easier to lift and handle with one hand. The insulation of this unit help keeps your food and drinks temperature intact for a long time. Whether for your camping, picnic, hiking, or beach activities, this product is the real deal.
8. Carhartt Deluxe Dual Compartment Insulated Lunch Cooler Bag
This is a 100% synthetic cooler which has dual compartments which are highly insulated to help keep your content temperature intact. This unit features a heavy-duty design which makes it perfect for all environments, especially when camping. It can easily contain 6-packs of can and ice. The top is separately insulated, making it perfect for storing foods too. The unit has both a top handle and shoulder straps for easy movement. It also features YKZ zipper, triple-needle stitching, metal hardware, etc.
Read Also: The Best Camping Hammock for The Money
In this review, we have carefully considered the best small coolers for camping. All the products mentioned are small and portable, which makes them perfect for all camping events. The 6 Packs Cooler Bag is the cheapest of all the reviewed units while the YETI Hopper Flip Portable Cooler is the most expensive one and has several amazing features. All these coolers are bound to keep your content intact for as long as you want them to. So, they will help you enjoy your camping trips.